If you have no idea what to make for dinner tonight, we have the perfect choice for you: Noodles de arroz con pollo—it’s an Asian twist on a classic Cuban favorite that everyone will love.
What you’ll need for arroz con pollo noodles:
10.5 oz. rice noodles
3 chicken breasts (diced)
4 liters of hot water
6 tablespoons neutral oil (sunflower, corn, canola)
2 onions (finely chopped)
1 small ginger root (thinly sliced)
1 red bell pepper (julienned)
2 stalks celery (cut diagonally)
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the hot water to the noodles (off the heat).
2. For the solfrito, saute the following in this order: onion, pepper, celery, ginger.
3. Saute chicken breast cubes, add the solfrito, and soy sauce.
4. Add the noodles and stir fry.
5. Add salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Always choose fresh ginger instead of powder packaging. It can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks and used grated to provide a cheerful baked dishes, ice creams and other preparations flavor.
Best savor the oriental and Latin flavors in the dish, accompany it with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Photo: Jorge Andrés Castillo