The old-school rules of dating no longer apply in this day and age. As a woman, if you make the first move it can make dating much more enjoyable. Embrace the power you’ve been given, and enjoy the ride.
There are many reasons why you should honestly just take it upon yourself to make the first move — here are 5 of them:
1. Confidence always wins. There’s nothing sexier to a guy than confidence. If you make the first move yourself, you’re not only ending the waiting game, you’re showing him how self-assured you are. This shows him that you know you are High Value, which is key in starting a relationship. Mixed signals are gone, and he knows that you want him. Talk about a turn-on.
2. Guys are oblivious. They either think you’re not into them, or don’t even know that you’re into them. Something as subtle as sending the first text will give him the green light to peruse you. Think about it this way: if he doesn’t think you’re into him, he’ll quickly move on to someone who quite easily is.
3. Guys are nervous, too. If you know a guy has a crush on you but hasn’t done anything about it, you’d be helping him out by making the first move. Believe it or not, most guys are shy and simply assume that you wouldn’t want to peruse anything with them to begin with.
4. It’s a good way to weed out the jerks. If a guy doesn’t like that you make the first move, it is very telling about his character. Any guy that rejects a girl for making a bold move is doing you a favor; because clearly he has some insecurities of his own. Making the first move shows you what kind of man you’re dealing with early on, which can save you from unnecessary heartbreak later on.
5. You have nothing to lose! Any guy in this position (having a sexy, confident woman make a move on him) is going to be thrilled. It also lets him know that you’re self-aware and in tune with what you’re looking for in a potential partner.