You can spend a good portion of your life looking for the man who loves you for who you truly are, and sometimes you fail to realize he’s right under your nose. Your best friend is always there for you no matter what, so why not make him your boyfriend? Here are five reasons you should date your BFF.
1. You can talk to him like a friend. You can tell him anything that makes you nervous or sad or scared or happy, and he will never judge you for it. Plus, there’s always something to talk about.
2. He likes you for who you are. All your quirks are attractive to him and vice versa. You never have to feel ashamed about being yourself around him, and that takes a lot off pressure off of a relationship.
3. You don’t have to worry about what his friends think of you, and vice versa. Especially because they have all been waiting for you to fall stupidly in love with each other for years now and are psyched you finally did it already.
4. Your secrets are all out on the table. You don’t have to worry about discovering some dark secret from his past and vice versa. You both know each other’s dating histories and how many people you’ve hooked up with. Those secrets that we would normally be scared or embarrassed to share with a new partner for fear of judgment? He already knows.
5. You know he will never, ever give up on you. If things get hard or messy or weird, you already know he’s going to be in your life forever. If anything, you’re extra-careful with each other because this person already matters so much.