You’ve probably heard it before, but warm water with lemon does wonders for your health and body.
Lemons are packed with nutrients and anti-oxidants, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. Warm lemon water serves as the perfect morning drink, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. Here are 7 reasons why you should consider drinking lemon water daily:
1. Helps you lose weight. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings. Plus, a glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories.
2. Immune system booster. Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. It also helps cure the common cold.
3. Cleanses. Lemon helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.
4. Aids digestion. Lemon aids digestion and encourages the production of bile. It prevents constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
5. Aids joint pain. Because it dissolves uric acid (the main cause of inflammation), lemon helps reduce pain and inflammation in joints and knees.
6. Anti-aging. The anti-oxidants in lemon prevents blemishes and wrinkles. It can also be applied to scars and age spots to reduce their appearance, and because it detoxifies your blood, it will improve the radiance of your skin and give you a glow.
7. Excellent source of potassium. Lemons are packed with potassium, which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function. Fun fact: they contain more potassium than apples or grapes!