Believe it or not, eating the right foods after a workout can help your body continue to burn calories and build muscle long after you’ve left the gym.
For the first 30-minutes following a workout your body continues to convert carbohydrates into energy-producing glycogen and works overtime to build lean muscle tissue. Here’s a list of foods to eat post-workout to help your body maximize results.
1. Whole what bagel with almond butter. It contains a lot of nutrients that help restore muscles.
2. Dried fruits and nuts. The nuts provide protein and dried fruits have carbohydrates.
3. Milk chocolate. It’s loaded with protein and carbohydrates.
4. Egg Omelette. The protein in the eggs allow for faster absorption.
5. Cottage cheese. Low in calories and high in both protein and good fats.
6. Salmon. One of the lean fats that help repair muscle.
7. Potato. One of the “superfoods” that’s easy to cook.
8. Tuna. One of the cheapest ways to consume protein.
9. Greek Yogurt. High in protein, this snack is ideal for when you’re on the go.
10. Peanut Butter Sandwich. This classic sandwich is healthy and nutritional.
11. Healthy Cereals. High in fiber and protein is an easy snack to prepare.
12. Fruit Smoothies. Add protein powder or a tablespoon of peanut butter to increase their profits.
13. Hummus and pita. Eventually it will give you extra energy.
14. Avena. Add protein powder and some almonds.
15. Protein Pancakes. Ideal for people who train in the morning.
16. Protein powder. A classic you can never go wrong with.
17. Apples with almond butter. Sweet, salty and it is loaded with nutrients that help repair muscle and keep you full.