In honor of National Coffee day, we bring you 7 facts you never knew about coffee!
1. Americans drink a lot of coffee. The average U.S. worker spends $1,092 on coffee each year.
Ver más: Coffee Is Officially Good For You
2. But we’re not the global leaders in coffee consumption. In fact, Finland is the world’s leading coffee drinkers, consuming almost three times as much coffee as Americans each year.
3. Coffee is a fruit. Coffee beans are actually the pits of berries that grow on bushes .
4. Coffee is more valuable than you may think. It is second only to oil as the world’s most valuable commodity.
5. It’s good for you. Coffee and caffeine in general is actually really good for your health.
6. But it could kill you. It takes more than 50 cups a day to kill you.
7. The most expensive coffee in the world is pooped out by cats. The Asian palm civet is a cat known to eat coffee cherries in the wild, which are fermented in their digestive tract and pooped out whole. It supposedly gives the beans an incredible flavor, but the limited availability makes them extremely expensive.