The holidays are usually spent with family, but that shouldn’t mean that you can’t share the holidays with your chosen family: friends. Here are 6 fun ways to celebrate Christmas with friends:
1. Plan a secret Santa. This fun Christmas tradition involves a secret gift exchange, in which you give and receive gifts from anonymous gift-giver. Even if it’s something small, it’s a great way to get everyone together.
2. Cook together. Holiday gatherings usually involve spending hours in the kitchen. Gather your friends and cook an entire holiday meal together.
3. Go holiday shopping. Spend the hours you usually spend doing Christmas shopping alone alongside your girlfriends. They can be a much needed source of advice and opinions when choosing the right gift for someone.
4. Organize an after-midnight party. This is a great way to ensure your friends with kids can also have fun. Dancing until dawn accompanied with your friends is a surefire way to have holiday fun.
5. Go on a holiday trip. Take advantage of your time off to go somewhere you’ve never been before with your closest friends. Plan a skiing trip or rent a house together and spend the New Year on the beach.
6. Help an organization. Gather your friends at Christmas to collect and deliver gifts for needy children. Giving to people in need always brings people closer together.