November is here and that can only mean one thing: It’s time to dig into some pumpkin pie for the sake of Thanksgiving! Below, we bring you a delicious twist on this classic fall dessert.
What you’ll need:
For the filling:
3 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 large eggs + 2 egg yolks
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon clove aromatics
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
For graham cracker crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons butter, melted
To prepare the crust:
1. In a blender mix: graham crackers, cinnamon, ginger, salt and sugar, until cookies are made crumbs.
2. Add the melted butter; mix well.
3. Place the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, greased.
To prepare the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
2. In a blender mix the cream cheese and Greek yogurt until they are combined. Add the pumpkin puree, eggs, yolks, sugar and spices until well blended.
3. Add flour and vanilla and blend for another 30 seconds, or until the flour is completely mixed. Be careful not to over mix it!
4. Pour the filling over the crust and spread evenly so that it is equal on all sides.
5. Bake pie for 1 hour 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it sit in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Run knife around the edge of the pan and leave it out to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Cover and continue to cool in the fridge for 6 hours.
8. When serving, add whipped cream and enjoy!