It’s normal for your skin to feel dry and look dull during the winter months. That’s why we bring you some at-home scrub recipes that you can use to bring instant moisture and brightness to your face and complexion.
1. Baking soda and water: This is ideal for people with sensitive skin because it is not as abrasive as other scrubs.
How-to: Create a mixture using a tablespoon of baking soda and a little water. Apply and massage on your face, then remove with cold water.
2. Honey, cinnamon and coconut flakes: Honey is full of antioxidants that neutralize free radicals (one of the main causes of premature aging), has antibacterial properties, and makes your skin as soft as a baby.
How-to: Mix one teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and coconut. Massage onto your skin for 2 minutes then remove with warm water.
3. Grated cucumber and baking soda: Cucumber is ideal for puffy eyes and dark circles. It also reduces the size of the pores.
How-to: Grate 1/3 of a cucumber and add a teaspoon of baking soda and rub it on your face for 10 minutes and then remove with cold water.
4. Oatmeal and milk. Oats have the power to soothe irritations and provide instant relief to dry, itchy skin.
How-to: Mix 2 teaspoons of oatmeal with 2 oz of milk. Massage in circular motion and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove with cold water.
5.Coffee, brown sugar, and olive oil. This scrub nourishes your skin and effectively removes dead skin cells.
How-to: Mix 3 tablespoons of coffee, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Massage in a circular motion for a couple of minutes and then remove with warm water.
6. Sea salt and olive oil. Sea salt has detoxifying properties and is rich in minerals that strengthens your skin, therefore improving the overall condition and appearance of your complexion.
How-to: Mix 3-4 tablespoons of salt with the same amount of olive oil. Massage for 10 minutes and remove with warm water.