It’s cuffing season, which means everyone is trying to hook up with the closest person they can find for the sole reason of not being alone during the holidays. But if cuffing up hasn’t quite worked out for you, don’t fret. There’s nothing wrong with being single during the holidays. In fact, it can be pretty awesome. Here are 10 reasons why:
1. You don’t have to meet his family. There’s no meeting his parents, abuelos, aunts, uncles and 25 cousins. It also means you get to spend more time with your family and friends.
Ver más: 8 Ways to Fight Holiday Stress
2. You don’t have to buy an extra gift. This means more money to spend on yourself and your loved ones. Also, what’s more difficult than buying a significant other a gift?
3. You can decorate your house however you want. Rainbow Christmas tree and glittery wreaths, anyone?
4. You can watch all the cheesy Christmas chick flicks you want. Love Actually, The Holiday, White Christmas, and more.
5. You don’t have to worry about introducing your crazy familia to a new significant other.
6. You can host an all-girls holiday soiree and not feel guilty about it.
7. You can stay home on Christmas day. Wear your pajamas, eat whatever you want and spend time with your parents and siblings.
8. You have the freedom to mingle. The holiday season is the perfect time to go out and meet other single people. Everyone is feeling festive and is in a good mood.
9. You can drink all the coquito you want and not have to face ridicule the next morning for acting over the top.
10. You can kiss whoever you want when the clock strikes twelve on New Year’s Eve.