When you’re in your twenties, you don’t often think about wrinkles (if at all). But the key to preventing wrinkles in your thirties, forties and so on is starting early. So, what exactly should you start doing now to preserve your youthful glow? Here are eight important tips to follow:
1. Always remove your makeup before going to bed. No matter what, you must always wash off the day’s makeup. Removing the excess oil, dirt and bacteria is essential to a healthy and youthful complexion. Before bed, cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and apply a serum with anti-aging properties under your moisturizer. Oh, and wash your face when you wake up, too. Believe it or not, your skin produces oil while you sleep!
2. Eye cream is a must. The skin around your eyes is the most delicate on the body, which is why wrinkles usually start appearing in this first. Around your mid-20s, invest in a good eye cream that will keep the area around your eyes hydrated that way, you’ll start warding off fine lines. When you’re out in the sun, make sure you wear sunglasses that protect against UV rays.
3. Don’t skip sunscreen. Get in the habit of wearing SPF 30 every day. Skipping sunscreen in tour twenties (or ever) is the biggest mistake you can ever make. Besides, sunscreen is the most inexpensive and effective anti-aging creams and treatments you can buy.
4. Start using retinol. Retinol is one of the key products in any beauty arsenal. It helps with dark spots and discoloration. Plus, it brightens and evens your skin tone. However, because it’s so potent, make sure you consult with a dermatologist before purchasing the first bottle you find. They can make a low-dose prescription retinol gel specifically for your skin, otherwise, you’ll end up breaking out or worse, dry patches.
5. Get facials. Monthly deep pore cleansing facials are ideal for women in their 20s as they not only prevent aging, but destroy bacteria to prevent acne blemishes. If you can’t get a facial monthly, aim for a minimum of four times a year (one facial per season).
6. Eat foods rich in antioxidants. By minimizing cell damage, antioxidants help fight aging from the inside, out. Plus, they’re high in fiber, low in saturated fat, and a good source of vitamins. Look for green veggies, fruits, anything with Omega-3 (wild salmon), avocados, nuts/seeds, and berries.
7. Drink plenty of water. Not drinking enough water causes your skin to be dry, flakey and itchy. Dry skin is also more prone to wrinkling. Drinking plenty of water ensures softer, smoother skin.
8. Sleep. When you’re in your twenties, getting less than four hours of sleep is common. But lack of sleep can aggravate the skin and cause skin conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Aim for a minimum of seven hours every night. There’s a reason why they call it “beauty sleep.”
Ver más: 7 Steps To Get Porcelain Skin